Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Hundred Years

It's all gone wrong. I've been up so long
it's long past dawn.
You're fast asleep, I can't keep
from taking you in my arms.
I have to go. We both know that it's all gone to far.
You're running away. I wish you would stay.
Wish you would stay for a hundred years.

There's so much to say it would take all day,
we don't have that anymore.
No matter how I tried, I know your eyes
wouldn't look at me like before.
But when we first kissed I felt like I'd missed you,
like I'd never missed anyone more.
Felt like it had been a hundred years.

If I knew I had a hundred years to do what I wanted to.
I would spend a hundred years waking up with you.
Things don't always work out the way that I would like them to.
You're running away and I wish you would stay.

Guess this is good-bye. I can't say I won't cry
but I guess I'll be o.k.
I won't forget it and I won't regret it.
I'm not that way.
But it's going to take more than a lifetime to stop wishing you had stayed.
It's going to take more than a hundred years.

If I knew I had etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment